Website Maintenance Services
Let’s now talk about why you should consider website maintenance services.
What is Website Maintenance?
Website maintenance is the simple act of regularly checking your website for problems and then making sure that everything is up to date and relevant. You need to do this consistently in order to ensure that the website remains updated, safe, and secure. This encourages growth in traffic and boosts your SEO and rankings on Google.
Whether you are a big company, an individual, or a small business owner, it is imperative to keep your website up to date. This allows you to engage and interact with consumers and potential visitors on your site and prevents major problems on your site.
9 Steps to Follow When Performing Website Maintenance Services:
- Check whether the pages on your website load up quickly, and don’t display any errors;
- Run a backup to ensure that the data on your website remains safe;
- Update the software and plugins you are using on your site;
- Check all the forms to ensure that they are running without a hitch;
- Remove spam comments from posts or pages on your site;
- Check the pages to ensure that there aren’t any broken links;
- Look for 404 errors on your website and fix them;
- Update your blog to engage your community and keep them coming back.
- Manage their hosting accounts and make sure everything is going smoothly.
What Should a Website Maintenance Package include?
1. Regular Updates
Updates equal stronger functionality. You need to check if new updates have been released, and then execute them. Script updates also play an important role; if you fail to regularly run updates on the site, there’s a strong chance that the website will be exposed to hacks.
3. Security & Site Monitoring
Every now and then, even the biggest websites get hacked. The stories that gain the most notoriety involve defaced homepages, messages left by the hackers, and security compromises. Site monitoring is an all-encompassing term for different activities that are carried out to test a website or web service for availability.
Websites grow and attract new audiences when they are regularly updated with new content. Google, and all other search engines, pay keen attention to the quality of content that websites upload.
This one goes without saying: all of the content and data on a website needs to be backed up regularly. Backups are essential for website owners in case something goes wrong; a server crash or a hack may bring down the website completely.
Data analytics involves gathering and assessing traffic coverage and data on your website. A web development agency that offers a recurring service ideally include analytics and providing clients detailed reports as part of the package. It’s a win-win situation for both, as your clients will also be able to understand how to improve engagement.
Think of web support as a one-size-fits-all service that you can offer to your clientele. Basically, if your support plan covers them, they can come to you with any problem, query, or issue that they face, and you can help them out with it.